Creamy Ranch Mac and Cheese
I came up with the recipe for this creamy and comforting macaroni and cheese with a special ranch-flavored twist. My husband requests it often. —Michelle Rotunno, Independence, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch
- oven, combine the milk, butter, dressing mix and seasonings; heat
- through. Stir in Monterey Jack and Colby cheeses until melted. Stir
- in sour cream.
- Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce with the saltines. Sprinkle
- with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 433 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 766 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.