- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 to 2 envelopes ranch salad dressing mix
- Fresh vegetables, crackers or chips
- In a small bowl, beat the sour cream, cream cheese and ranch dressing mix on medium speed until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl; refrigerate until serving. Serve with vegetables, crackers or chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Creamy Ranch Dip
Sort By :
"This recipe is NOT right. I knew something did not seem right but I ignored the warnings in my head because of the 5 star reviews. The ranch dressing mix pkg called for ONE pkg of mix for 16 oz of sour cream but this recipe said 2 pkgs. I thought, well, okay, perhaps adding the cream cheese called for another pkg. NOT. It is so salty that it is not even edible as it is. I will have to go to the store and get another pkg of sour cream and cream cheese so that I can bring this dip to a party.. Whoever posted this as it is needs to change it. It deserves no stars."
"This dip requires a slight overhaul like the review says. I used 1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, 1 cup sour cream, and 1 1/2 Tbsp. of the ranch dressing mix. I buy the mix in bulk and 3 Tbsp. makes the dip recipe with 16 oz. of sour cream. Made this way my whole family loved it!"
"This is delicious with veggies or chips or crackers. It, to me, tasted just like buying ranch in a bottle, but it takes no time at all to make plus this dip is much thicker than the ones you get in a bottle which makes it stick better to whatever you are dipping in it."
"This is wonderful. Perfect on Ritz crackers!"
"This was much too salty using 2 envelopes Ranch dressing mix. I had to add more sour cream & cream cheese to salvage it. If I make it again, would use just 1 envelope of the dressing mix."