Creamy Pumpkin Polenta
"Sometimes I like to hollow out a pumpkin and serve this creamy, hearty polenta inside it." The crunchy cookies create great texture and sweetness.
—Debi George, Mansfield, Texas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5-1/3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- Salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas, optional
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a gentle boil; slowly whisk in cornmeal and nutmeg.
- Cook and stir with a wooden spoon for 15-20 minutes or until polenta
- is thickened and pulls away cleanly from the sides of the pan. Stir
- in pumpkin and cream cheese until smooth. Sprinkle each serving with
- pumpkin seeds if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 191 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.