- 5-1/3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, cubed
- Salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas, optional
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a gentle boil; slowly whisk in cornmeal and nutmeg. Cook and stir with a wooden spoon for 15-20 minutes or until polenta is thickened and pulls away cleanly from the sides of the pan. Stir in pumpkin and cream cheese until smooth. Sprinkle each serving with pumpkin seeds if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Pumpkin Polenta
Sort By :
"We loved it, makes a great side dish! I really helps with a healthy carb craving! I also made it without the cream cheese to save calories and it was still tasty!"
"This has a good, subtle flavor. I used reduced-fat cream cheese. I topped each serving with roasted pumpkin seeds and they added to the flavor. Salted sunflower or other seeds or nuts could be used as a substitute. You could always add cheddar cheese, though that would of course increase the fat and calories. The good thing about this recipe is that you could add pretty much anything to it because it would taste good as a sweet (add cinnamon and dried fruit) or savory (the salted pumpkin seeds or cheddar cheese) side dish."
"this is easy to make and takes wonderful!"