Creamy Pumpkin-Filled Biscuits
Convenient refrigerator biscuits create these delicious pie-inspired treats. The warm and creamy pumpkin filling invites you to take bite after bite! — Michelle Kester, Cleveland, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the first six ingredients until smooth; set
- aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each biscuit into a
- 6-in. circle. Spread 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture on half of each
- biscuit. Bring dough from opposite side over filling just until
- edges meet; pinch seams to seal.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry biscuits, a few at a
- time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on
- paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar while warm if desired.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 biscuit (calculated without confectioners' sugar) equals 507 calories, 36 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 843 mg sodium,