Convenient refrigerator biscuits create these delicious pie-inspired treats. The warm and creamy pumpkin filling invites you to take bite after bite! — Michelle Kester, Cleveland, Ohio
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the first six ingredients until smooth; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each biscuit into a 6-in. circle. Spread 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture on half of each biscuit. Bring dough from opposite side over filling just until edges meet; pinch seams to seal.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry biscuits, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar while warm if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Pumpkin-Filled Biscuits in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p53
Reviews for Creamy Pumpkin-Filled Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review