Creamy Pumpkin Bubble Ring Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 18 pieces
- 1. In a large bowl, mix sugar, yeast, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and 1-1/2 cups flour. In a small saucepan, heat pumpkin and milk to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add egg; beat on high 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and butter; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour half of the mixture into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans.
- 4. Punch down dough; divide and shape into 18 balls. Flatten and wrap each ball around a piece of cream cheese, pinching to seal. Place nine balls in prepared pan; top with the remaining brown sugar mixture and pecans. Top with remaining balls. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (18 servings).
1 piece: 245 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Pumpkin Bubble Ring
"I liked the dough and the way it turned out, but if I make next time I think I will try a different type of filling because I wasn't crazy about the cream cheese"