Creamy Pumpkin Bubble Ring Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 18 pieces
- 1. In a large bowl, mix sugar, yeast, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and 1-1/2 cups flour. In a small saucepan, heat pumpkin and milk to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add egg; beat on high 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and butter; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour half of the mixture into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans.
- 4. Punch down dough; divide and shape into 18 balls. Flatten and wrap each ball around a piece of cream cheese, pinching to seal. Place nine balls in prepared pan; top with the remaining brown sugar mixture and pecans. Top with remaining balls. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (18 servings).
1 piece equals 245 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Pumpkin Bubble Ring
"I liked the dough and the way it turned out, but if I make next time I think I will try a different type of filling because I wasn't crazy about the cream cheese"