Creamy Pumpkin Bubble Ring Recipe
I adapted a recipe I saw many years ago on public television to create this caramel-coated pumpkin bread. It makes an impressive hostess gift or bake sale contribution. My young ones love to help...they roll the dough and cream cheese into balls.Angela Coffman, Kansas City, Missouri
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 18 pieces
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. In a small saucepan, heat the pumpkin and milk to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour half of the mixture into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; sprinkle with half of the pecans.
- Punch dough down; divide into 18 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Flatten the balls and wrap each around a piece of cream cheese; pinch seams to seal. Place nine balls in prepared pan; top with remaining caramel mixture and pecans. Top with remaining balls. Cover and let rise for 30-45 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 1 ring (18 pieces).
Originally published as Creamy Pumpkin Bubble Ring in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p136
Reviews for Creamy Pumpkin Bubble Ring(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2013
I liked the dough and the way it turned out, but if I make next time I think I will try a different type of filling because I wasn't crazy about the cream cheese