Creamy Potatoes 'n' Peas
This recipe has great eye as well as stomach appeal. I like to serve it in a pretty glass bowl.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound small unpeeled red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Cook peas according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in
- milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened. Add dill.
- Drain potatoes and peas; place in a serving bowl. Top with sauce;
- stir to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 130 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.