- 1 pound small unpeeled red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Cook peas according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add dill.
- Drain potatoes and peas; place in a serving bowl. Top with sauce; stir to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Potatoes 'n' Peas(2)
Sort By :
This recipe was AMAZING!!!! I didn't have red potatoes on hand, but used Russets and the recipe was still Yummy. Even better the next day!!! A couple of small changes, didn't saute onions, but added green onion/scallion and added a tblspn or so of sugar.
Made this recipe just like it said. It was very good. Will definetly make it again.