- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Potatoes 'n' Kielbasa
"easy to make, delicious, leftovers are yummy, and even my picky eaters liked it. I used low salt turkey kielbasi and tater tots....so good"
"This tastes so much like a Hungarian meal that my mom cooked for us throughout my childhood. Sooooooo good!!!"
"I forgot to mention that I used real potatoes rather than frozen."
"This was a good base for a recipe that I doctored up quite a bit. Instead of water, I used chicken stock. I also added salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried minced onion, as well as a small amount of velveeta cheese. When the potatoes were cooked, I added the shredded cheese and some fresh asparagus. The end result was a thick stew-like dish that would be even better in the winter. Overall, great base for a delicious meal...and easy, too!"
"I liked it, but it was WAY too starchy. The potatoes got all mushed. I had it in the crockpot for 6 hours and had checked it, but feel it was overdone."