- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 5 to 6 large baking potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup chopped onion
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and salt; gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; whisk in soup and cheese until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut potatoes into 4-in. x 1/2-in. x 1/2-in. sticks; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with onion. Top with cheese sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Potato Sticks
Sort By :
"I've been making this for a few years and felt I should leave a review. We love it! We make it to accompany the lil cheddar meatloaves from TOH as well. I make it as written, only omitting onions and adding 1 Tbs of dried minced onions instead. Quick and easy to throw together, good to take to a potluck too!"
"A nice change for a potato dish. I also used crinkle cut frozen fries since I was out of potatoes. May try tater tots next time, will make again."
"Really good flavor. I was in a hurry, so I substituted frozen unseasoned steak fries. It worked great. A definite keeper."