This is one of my favorite recipes that uses wholesome milk—an important product we produce on our dairy farm. It's rich and delicious...even the kids gobble it up!—Janis Plagerman, Ephrata, Washington
- 7 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 quart water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 quart milk
- Sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine potatoes, celery, onion, water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool slightly. Place half of the potato mixture in a blender; cover and puree. Repeat with remaining potato mixture; set aside.
- In the same kettle, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Return potato puree to the pan and heat through. Garnish individual servings with sour cream and cheese if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Originally published as Creamy Potato Soup in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p65
Reviews for Creamy Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review