Creamy Potato Salad Recipe
- 7-1/2 cups cubed red potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Sliced hard-cooked egg, paprika and fresh dill sprigs, optional
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- 2. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Add the chopped egg, celery, onion and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper and dill. Pour over potato mixture; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with egg, paprika and dill if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
One 1-cup serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise, reduced-fat sour cream and 1 teaspoon salt) equals 114 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.