Mildly seasoned with onion and dill, Mom's delightfully different potato salad is pretty, too, with the red potatoes left unpeeled. Of course, that also means it's quicker to make that traditional potato salad! —Pat Cole Polebridge, Montana
- 7-1/2 cups cubed red potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Sliced hard-cooked egg, paprika and fresh dill sprigs, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Add the chopped egg, celery, onion and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper and dill. Pour over potato mixture; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with egg, paprika and dill if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Potato Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p35
Reviews for Creamy Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review