- 7-1/2 cups cubed red potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Sliced hard-cooked egg, paprika and fresh dill sprigs, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Add the chopped egg, celery, onion and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper and dill. Pour over potato mixture; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with egg, paprika and dill if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Potato Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p35
Reviews for Creamy Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2013
"I was looking for a flavorful potato salad recipe and sure found it with this one!"
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2011
"This is the only potato salad recipe I make now: My family raves about it!!"