Creamy Potato Salad for Two Recipe
"This potato salad is quick and versatile," confirms Caron Osberg of Urbandale, Iowa. Her downsized version of the classic has a creamy dressing and gets a pleasant crunch from chopped carrots and celery.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:2 servings
- 4 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender; drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add potatoes and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise) equals 227 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 561 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC