"This potato salad is quick and versatile," confirms Caron Osberg of Urbandale, Iowa. Her downsized version of the classic has a creamy dressing and gets a pleasant crunch from chopped carrots and celery.
- 4 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender; drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add potatoes and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Potato Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 11
Reviews for Creamy Potato Salad for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review