Creamy Potato Salad
A tangy twist on a creamy picnic classic, this potato salad from Catherine Rausch in Palm Coast, Florida is filling, flavorful and a great addition to casual summer menus.
2 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 small red potatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash celery seed
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut into cubes. Place in a
- small serving bowl. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour
- cream, parsley, horseradish, salt and celery seed; spoon over
- potatoes. Add onion and bacon; toss gently to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 194 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.