- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup cubed process American cheese (Velveeta) or shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large potatoes, peeled, diced and cooked (about 8 cups)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion, celery and carrot in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add soup, cheese, potatoes and seasoned salt; mix well. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and soup is heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Creamy Potato and Cheese Soup
"It felt like it needed some spice, but it was good. I would make it again."
"Excellent!!! The whole family loved it."
"Wow, my son made this and invited us over for dinne! Delicious, it tastes like there's cream in the soup and was surprised to find out my son used 2% milk not heavy cream. Definitely a keeper plus my son is a great cook, thanks to his many talents and Taste of Home! He also said the recipe was easy and he had all the ingredients at home. Yummy!!"
"delicious!- super easy and fast!"