- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup cubed process American cheese (Velveeta) or shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large potatoes, peeled, diced and cooked (about 8 cups)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion, celery and carrot in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add soup, cheese, potatoes and seasoned salt; mix well. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and soup is heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Creamy Potato and Cheese Soup
Sort By :
Wow, my son made this and invited us over for dinne! Delicious, it tastes like there's cream in the soup and was surprised to find out my son used 2% milk not heavy cream. Definitely a keeper plus my son is a great cook, thanks to his many talents and Taste of Home! He also said the recipe was easy and he had all the ingredients at home. Yummy!!
delicious!- super easy and fast!
This has become a staple recipe in my house. Everyone loves it & there's never any leftovers!
Excellent flavor! Reminded me of times with my grandma. She makes some of the best potato soup.