Creamy Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1. Cut each tenderloin into eight pieces. Flatten each piece to 3/4-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg, water and seasonings. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Dip pork into egg mixture, then into bread crumbs.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, sour cream and broth; pour over pork.
- 3. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until pork is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 302 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 608 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.