Creamy Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1. Cut each tenderloin into eight pieces. Flatten each piece to 3/4-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg, water and seasonings. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Dip pork into egg mixture, then into bread crumbs.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, sour cream and broth; pour over pork.
- 3. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until pork is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 302 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Pork Tenderloin
"Another recipe that needs more than 5 stars! Easy to put together, and tastes WONDERFUL! Without asking, my husband says we need to have this more often. The meat was nice and tender and not dry at all! Great gravy/sauce. Served egg noodles and a salad with this. Only thing I did differently was that I used canned mushrooms, sine that's what I had in the house."
"I have made this recipe a few times for company and it's always a hit. You can adjust the sauce ingredients according to the amount of meat used.It's a good 'go-to' recipe."
"Great flavor. Pork stays tender. A favorite recipe. My husband likes it so much that I'm making it for his birthday meal."
"Threw this together one night when scrambling for a dinner. I had everything but mushrooms on hand so I made it without them. It was tasty and the kids ate it so that is a plus."
"read the comments and thought I would try it. The comments are right...everybody loved it...even my ever picky 7 year old. Great recipe I will keep."
"Really simple, I used 1 pork tenderloin and the sauce amount was perfect. The sauce needs something to give it just a bit more flavour, gonna experiment with it next time. Everyone loved it!"
"This recipe is absolutely delicious and so easy!!"
"opps, I meant pork to gravy ratio. Enjoy!"
"This recipe is AMAZING! I used baby bella mushrooms and only used one pork tenderloin and it was the perfect pork to gravy recipe. My boyfriend liked it so much he said he could eat it every day! If you aren't that fond of pork this is the recipe that will change your mind. So moist and tender."
"We're not mushroom eaters in my family, so I just added half the butter to the mixture and left the 'shrooms out. It was delicious, and the tenderloin stayed SO juicy!"
"This recipe is now my favorite dish to make. The first time I tried it my husband went on and on about it saying that it "tasted like a Grandma recipe". That was high praise as my Grandma Betty was the best cook in the family. It is my go to recipe when having company over or taking a dish to a potluck. It always gets rave reviews!"
"This dish was a winner with everyone in my family. Pork tenderloin is my favorite cut of pork and the gravy was a nice addition. I paired it with mashed potatoes and there was plenty of gravy for both the meat and potatoes."
"Absolutely delicious! Even my picky eaters thought it was wonderful! I'm definitely making again!"
"My family loves this. The pork always comes out very moist and tender. One of my go to meals. I use fresh rosemary instead of dried and cream of mushroom instead of chicken."
"This is great! My husband fell in love with it and wants it all the time!Molly"
"This has become my most favorite Tenderloin recipe. At my daughter-in-laws suggestion, I made twice the amount of the "gravy" to go over it, and it was great over mashed potatoes! Noodles or rice should be equally good."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.