- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Cut each tenderloin into eight pieces. Flatten each piece to 3/4-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg, water and seasonings. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Dip pork into egg mixture, then into bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, sour cream and broth; pour over pork.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until pork is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Pork Tenderloin
"Another recipe that needs more than 5 stars! Easy to put together, and tastes WONDERFUL! Without asking, my husband says we need to have this more often. The meat was nice and tender and not dry at all! Great gravy/sauce. Served egg noodles and a salad with this. Only thing I did differently was that I used canned mushrooms, sine that's what I had in the house."
"I have made this recipe a few times for company and it's always a hit. You can adjust the sauce ingredients according to the amount of meat used.It's a good 'go-to' recipe."
"This was a good dinner I did change it up a little I used 2 cans cream of mushroom soup 1/2 cup chicken broth and only 1/2 cup sour cream will make this again everybody liked it thanks for sharing janice"
"Great flavor. Pork stays tender. A favorite recipe. My husband likes it so much that I'm making it for his birthday meal."
"Threw this together one night when scrambling for a dinner. I had everything but mushrooms on hand so I made it without them. It was tasty and the kids ate it so that is a plus."