- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 2-1/2 cups frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the pork, vegetables, cheese, seasoned salt and pepper; heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into an 11x7-in. rectangle. Place over pork mixture. Brush with egg.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Pork Potpie
"Delicious and easy to make"
"Great way to use leftover pork roast! Was very good, we both had seconds! I also used homemade pie crust instead of the puff pastry. I halved the recipe, just for Hubby and me, put it in a square 9x9 baking dish, just rolled the crust into a square, then laid it on the top of the Pork mixture,"
"Loved the ease of the recipe but I always find I need to add something to it to elevate it to the next level. I added 2 Tbls. butter , sauted an onion diced and cooked til tender along with a a clove of minced garlic first to the directions and then continued with the original recipe. I also peeled and chopped a medium sized granny smith apple which I sauted to crisp tender then added the pork and other veggies to the contents and followed the recipe from there."
"This is a quick and easy recipe. Will make this again."
"I didn't want to pay $5 for puff pastry, so used a pie plate and topped it with a pie crust instead. This was absolutely amazing! My boyfriend even says he wants it again. I think, like other reviewers have noted, it would be easy to change up a little with chicken and/or different veggies for variety.One note: I found the recipe as written very, very salty. Make sure you use low-sodium chicken broth. Next time I will probably use less seasoned salt as well."
"Really great pot pie! I browned potatoes in a skillet and added tons of veggies- carrots, celery, corn, peas, green beans, broccoli, zucchini and squash. I also replaced the breaded part with torn appart biscuit dough. Really good!!"
"This was delicious. While I didn't follow the recipe exactly, I was very pleased. I added onion and diced potatoes (store bought in the refrigerator section) and it was very filling."
"This was delicious! I made it exactly as written, except substituted chicken for the pork. This recipe is definately a keeper!"
"Doubled the recipe and made it for company and they are still raving about it!!!"
"What a great way to use up leftover pork! I had quite a bit of pork roast left over and thought this recipe might be a good way to put it to use and boy was it ever. Everyone loved it!"