Creamy Pork Potpie Recipe
This hearty entree is made for cold weather, so huddle up with the family and enjoy! You might even have enough leftover for lunch the next day. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 2-1/2 cups frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the pork, vegetables, cheese, seasoned salt and pepper; heat through.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into an 11-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Place over pork mixture. Brush with egg.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 570 calories, 34 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 851 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC