Creamy Pork Potpie Recipe
This hearty entree is made for cold weather, so huddle up with the family and enjoy! You might even have enough leftover for lunch the next day. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 2-1/2 cups frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the pork, vegetables, cheese, seasoned salt and pepper; heat through.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into an 11x7-in. rectangle. Place over pork mixture. Brush with egg.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 570 calories, 34 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 851 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC