Creamy Pork Chop Dinner
Hearty and comforting, this meat-and-potatoes meal is rich with homemade goodness…and it’s easy to prepare. “Sometimes I use chicken thighs instead of pork chops,” notes Joyce Valentine of Sanford, Colorado.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) ready-to-serve creamy chicken soup
- Place the potatoes and carrots in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown
- pork chops on both sides. Place over vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup mix, cornstarch and soup until
- blended. Pour over pork chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour
- or until meat and potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 360 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 807 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.