- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) ready-to-serve creamy chicken soup
- Place the potatoes and carrots in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops on both sides. Place over vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup mix, cornstarch and soup until blended. Pour over pork chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until meat and potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Pork Chop Dinner
"Makes very tender pork chops. I will use this recipe again, but tweak it a bit. Loved the potatoes and carrots with it! Thought the sauce was a bit thick so will leave out the cornstarch next time. And maybe I will double it so we can have leftovers. Yum!"
"I used cream of mushroom soup & onions because I'm not really a fan of cooked carrots or cream of chicken. It was really good. Will make again. I like how easy it was to switch out the things I didn't want in it."
"This was pretty good and simple to make. My family liked the flavor, but the potatoes and carrots weren't cooked well enough by the time an hour was up. I think next time I make this, I'll either microwave or steam the sliced veggies before I put them in this dish to give them a head start at getting cooked through."
"The sauce was really good and mixed well with the potatoes. I would definitely make this again!"
"This was so good! I made a couple of changes. For the gravy, I used cream of mushroom soup, and used a small amount of chicken broth to get all the drippings from the skillet and added it to the soup. I didn't use onion soup mix or cornstarch. I also added a small amount of Kitchen Bouquet to the gravy to give it a little more color. This recipe is definitely a keeper!"