Creamy Pork Chop Casserole Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each and 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. Place teriyaki sauce in a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine soup, peas and carrots, water, red pepper, rice, onion and pepper. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Place pork chops over rice mixture. Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145° and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop with 1-1/2 cups rice mixture (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 648 calories, 31 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 1,479 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.