- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each and 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Place teriyaki sauce in a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine soup, peas and carrots, water, red pepper, rice, onion and pepper. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place pork chops over rice mixture. Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145° and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Pork Chop Casserole
Sort By :
We all really liked this, but as a caution, my chops were very thick so I had to bake them longer and therefore it was not as creamy, although I could have added a little liquid to the rice mixture after baking. This is good company dish.
The meat was raw and we had to fry in a frying pan after an hour of cooking. Will never make this again!!
My husband and I enjoyed this dish. I omitted the marinade for the pork. Before baking, I browned the chops in a nonstick skillet, then placed them over the rice/soup mixture. I omitted the red pepper (didn't have any) and omitted the cheese topping. Instead of peas and carrots, I used a cup of frozen mixed vegetables. The casserole is very creamy. When I first removed it from the oven I was afraid it was runny, but as it cooled 5 minutes or so it firmed up some. I'll make it again
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >
- Pork Chop Recipes >