Creamy Poppy Seed Fettuccine Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually whisk in water and cream. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, parsley, poppy seeds, pepper and salt until blended. Drain fettuccine; toss with cream sauce. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Creamy Poppy Seed Fettuccine
"Loved this recipe! Made the perfect accompaniment to chicken. I substituted milk for the cream and tripled the recipe to feed may family of 6. I loved the flavor and the fact that it was so easy to make! Will make again!"