Creamy Poppy Seed Fettuccine Recipe
THE rich, creamy sauce coats the pasta well and makes a satisfying, pleasant side dish. I also serve is as an entrée for the two of us. With a green salad and garlic bread, it makes a delicious homemade meal.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually whisk in water and cream. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, parsley, poppy seeds, pepper and salt until blended. Drain fettuccine; toss with cream sauce. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 2 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC