THE rich, creamy sauce coats the pasta well and makes a satisfying, pleasant side dish. I also serve is as an entrée for the two of us. With a green salad and garlic bread, it makes a delicious homemade meal.
Recommended: 62 Ways to Eat the Rainbow
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually whisk in water and cream. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, parsley, poppy seeds, pepper and salt until blended. Drain fettuccine; toss with cream sauce. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Poppy Seed Fettuccine in Reminisce December/January 2008, p49
Reviews for Creamy Poppy Seed Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2012
"Loved this recipe! Made the perfect accompaniment to chicken. I substituted milk for the cream and tripled the recipe to feed may family of 6. I loved the flavor and the fact that it was so easy to make! Will make again!"