Creamy Pineapple Salad
Mom made this zesty and fruity salad often, and it tasted so good paired with her hearty spare ribs. We kids couldn't wait to eat when we saw this salad appear on the table. Ruth Ann Stelfox, Raymond, Alberta
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice in a small saucepan. Set
- pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to make 1-1/3 cups; bring
- to a boil. Place gelatin in a bowl; add boiling liquid and stir to
- dissolve. Cool until slightly thickened. In a bowl, whip cream;
- gradually beat in sugar. Fold into the gelatin mixture. Stir in
- pineapple and cottage cheese; blend well. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt.
- serving bowl; chill at least 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 8-10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 201 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.