Mom made this zesty and fruity salad often, and it tasted so good paired with her hearty spare ribs. We kids couldn't wait to eat when we saw this salad appear on the table. — Ruth Ann Stelfox, Raymond, Alberta
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice in a small saucepan. Set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to make 1-1/3 cups; bring to a boil. Place gelatin in a bowl; add boiling liquid and stir to dissolve. Cool until slightly thickened. In a bowl, whip cream; gradually beat in sugar. Fold into the gelatin mixture. Stir in pineapple and cottage cheese; blend well. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. serving bowl; chill at least 3 hours or overnight. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Pineapple Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1994, p17
Reviews for Creamy Pineapple Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review