Creamy Pineapple Coconut Pie Recipe
Pineapple is so sweet and makes for lovely dessert. This pie is no exception. This is so easy to whip up and fancy enough to serve to guests.Bonnie Sandlin, Lakeland, Florida
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add pineapple juice; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolk; stir in 1/4 cup of hot mixture. Return all to pan; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in pineapple.
- Pour into crust. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Store in the refrigerator. Sprinkle with coconut just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Pineapple Pie in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p65
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Pineapple Coconut Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review