Creamy Pineapple Cake
Using purchased sponge cake eliminates the baking step in this quick cake recipe. The instant pudding topping sets up in no time at all.Leann Jasper, Newmarket, Ontario
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 individual cream-filled sponge cakes, split in half lengthwise or 7 slices pound cake (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place cake in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Top with pineapple;
- cover and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat milk and pudding mix until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup
- whipped topping; pour over pineapple. Spread remaining whipped
- topping over pudding. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill until serving.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 310 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.