Creamy Pineapple Cake Recipe
Using purchased sponge cake eliminates the baking step in this quick cake recipe. The instant pudding topping sets up in no time at all.Leann Jasper, Newmarket, Ontario
- 5 individual cream-filled sponge cakes, split in half lengthwise or 7 slices pound cake (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place cake in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Top with pineapple; cover and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat milk and pudding mix until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping; pour over pineapple. Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Pineapple Cake in Country Woman March/April 1998, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Pineapple Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review