- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 yellow summer squash
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the edamame during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut carrots and squash into very thin lengthwise strips.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add the vegetable strips and garlic; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Stir in the cream, pesto, salt and remaining butter. Bring to a gentle boil; cook for 2-4 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and vegetables are tender.
- Drain pasta and edamame; toss with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Pesto Penne with Vegetable Ribbons
Sort By :
This was amazing!! I used the whole cup of cream and a tiny bit more pesto. I used peas instead of the edamame. We will definitely have this again.
Yummy! My husband, who does not prefer vegetarian dinners, devoured this!