- 2 boxes (1 lb. each) Gnocchi (refrigerated, frozen or vacuum packed)
- 1 pkg Johnsonville® Sweet or Mild Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. snap seas
- 1 medium red bell pepper, 1/2 inch diced
- 6-8 oz. pesto, (store bought or fresh made, 3/4 - 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup light cream (or half-and-half)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, cook the gnocchi according to the package directions. Drain, rinse and return them to the pot.
- In a 12” skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté the snap peas and red peppers until tender, about 4 minutes. Toss into the pot with the reserved cooked gnocchi. In the same skillet, cook and crumble Italian sausage until cooked through about 8-10 minutes. Transfer sausage to the pot with the vegetables and pasta.
- Over med-low heat, stir to combine the pasta, vegetables and sausage mixture. Add the pesto and light cream; toss gently to coat all the ingredients. Heat through and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Yield: Serves 6.
Originally published as Creamy Pesto Gnocchi with Italian Sausage in Johnsonville® Sausage
Reviews for Creamy Pesto Gnocchi with Italian Sausage(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2012
I made my own Italian turkey sausage with it with a lot of fennel and anise seeds in the sausage and it was great !