Creamy Peppermint Punch Recipe
- Crushed peppermint candies, optional
- 1/2 gallon peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 bottle (1 liter) club soda, chilled
- 4 cups eggnog
- 1. If desired, moisten the rims of punch glasses with water. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on a plate; dip rims in candies. Set glasses aside.
- 2. Just before serving, combine ice cream, club soda and eggnog in a 4-qt. punch bowl. Serve in prepared glasses. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup (calculated without peppermint candies): 226 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Peppermint Punch
"It is just okay made with club soda, but using 7UP made it fantastic. Everyone loved it and went back for it several times."
"Thanks for the different ideas of serving ~ on our menu every holiday!"
"This is one of my favorite "punch" recipes. You can make a kid-friendly version by using 4 cups of vanilla soy milk or just plain milk. My kids like the vanilla soy, though. It is rich and creamy. I like making it in the middle of summer on those really hot days to remind of winter."
"Served in a punch bowl at our family Christmas party and the kids loved it, as did the adults! The bowl was empty early in into the festivities. Didn't have club soda so I substituted ginger ale, but I don't think it had much impact on the flavor. And instead of crushed peppermint candies I served with peppermint sticks. Great recipe, thanks for sharing."