- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 9 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and extract until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Flatten into patties.Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Dip patties in melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off; place on waxed paper until set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Peppermint Patties
Sort By :
"These are awesome! I have been making them for years. My kids love them too."
"I am making these now and could use some advise. Mine seem really dry. I don't think I can shape them. What can I do to make this easier to handle? Add water? milk? Help?"
"These are phenominal. Amazing. Even my chocolate haters love them. I tweaked the recipe a bit to make my life easier though. Instead of rolling balls, I made three logs, froze them for a few hours. Then I sliced them to my desired thickness and solidly froze the patties. When it came time to coat I used a trick my sister taught me. I took the melted chocolate off the heat source and let it cool down a bit. It made the coating process a snap. I have requests for these every year."
"I make these often for holidays. They can also be frozen. Very easy to prepare and they are delectable!"
"These are delicious! I also had to double the chocolate, but had no problems with them falling apart. I used a fork to dip them."