These smooth chocolate candies fill the bill for folks who like a little sweetness after a meal but don't want a full serving of rich dessert. -Donna Gonda, North Canton, Ohio
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 9 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and extract until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Flatten into patties.Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Dip patties in melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off; place on waxed paper until set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Creamy Peppermint Patties in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Peppermint Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review