Creamy Peppermint Patties Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 9 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and extract until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Flatten into patties.Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Dip patties in melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off; place on waxed paper until set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Peppermint Patties(15)
Sort By :
I make these often for holidays. They can also be frozen. Very easy to prepare and they are delectable!
These are delicious! I also had to double the chocolate, but had no problems with them falling apart. I used a fork to dip them.
I make these every year at Christmas, sometimes I use cookie cutters to make differnet shapes. Have to agree with the other comments reagrding coating process, I usually freeze before coating but havent really perfected a surefire way yet. Still, these are really yummy and easy to make!
These are good, but I always need more chocolate chips and shortening to coat all the wafers. I also reheat the chocolate if it cools down too much.
this is so easy to make...it taste like a york peppermint patty...wow
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Holiday Candy >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >