Creamy Peppermint Patties Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 9 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and extract until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating well.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Flatten into patties.Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Dip patties in melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off; place on waxed paper until set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 275 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.