Creamy Pepper Penne Recipe
A flavorful sour cream sauce nicely coats every bite of penne pasta in this pleasing side dish. To turn it into an entree, stir in some cubed cooked chicken or cooked shrimp.—Deborah Wolf, Palmyra, New York
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the red pepper, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add tomatoes; saute 1 minute longer.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain pasta; place in a serving bowl. Add red pepper and sour cream mixtures; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 199 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC