- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the red pepper, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add tomatoes; saute 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain pasta; place in a serving bowl. Add red pepper and sour cream mixtures; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Pepper Penne
Sort By :
"I didn't have penne pasta or red pepper so I used spaghetti and green pepper. Found the recipe was delicious but needed more vegetables for my liking. Next time I make this I will add more vegetables, more hot sauce, and more salt. Great recipe if you have leftovers in the fridge (chicken, peas, broccoli, etc.) that needs to be used up. Thumbs up from me!!"