- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the walnuts, garlic, salt, pepper flakes and pepper; saute 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in brandy; cook over medium heat until liquid is evaporated. Stir in cream; bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; cook for 4-6 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; toss pasta and parsley with cream sauce. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Penne Pasta with Walnuts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p166
Reviews for Creamy Penne Pasta with Walnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review