Creamy Pearl Onions Recipe
"Not only is this dish delicious, but it's a favorite of family and company alike," writes Suzan Wiener from Spring Hill, Florida. "Best of all, it takes only a few minutes to prepare."
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pearl onions
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- Cook onions according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the flour, salt, nutmeg, garlic powder and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain onions; stir into cream sauce. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Pearl Onions in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p16
Reviews for Creamy Pearl Onions(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2012
I make these every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Easy and healthier than most other "creamy" recipes since it uses milk instead of cream.