"Not only is this dish delicious, but it's a favorite of family and company alike," writes Suzan Wiener from Spring Hill, Florida. "Best of all, it takes only a few minutes to prepare."
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pearl onions
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- Cook onions according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the flour, salt, nutmeg, garlic powder and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain onions; stir into cream sauce. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Pearl Onions in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p16
Reviews for Creamy Pearl Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2012
"I make these every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Easy and healthier than most other "creamy" recipes since it uses milk instead of cream."