Creamy Pear Pie Recipe
- 4 cups sliced peeled pears
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, toss pears with sugar and flour. Combine sour cream and extracts; add to pear mixture until blended. Pour into pie shell.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix toppings ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over pears. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 45 minutes more or until the pears are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 324 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Pear Pie
"Excellent recipe - easy and delicious! Family thoroughly enjoyed it so will definitely make again. Thank you!"
"This was good. My pears weren't as sweet, so I upped the sugar a little."
"This was one of the best pies I have ever tasted. I am not partial to pie usually but this is the exception."
"I tried this with canned pears and it did not taste as good, also used veggie peeler to peel the pears worked great."
"This pie is sooo good, my whole family loves it and I will be making it many times again. The only down fall is the prep of the pears."
"I wonder whether this would work with frozen pears. Maybe I'll try it someday, adding an extra spoon of flour."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.