Creamy Peanut Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cracker crumbs and peanuts. Stir in butter and peanut butter. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spoon over crust. Drizzle with chocolate syrup; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 15-20 servings.
1 piece: 246 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Creamy Peanut Dessert
"This is my son and grand-daughters absolute favorite recipe!! Great to have it made ahead!! *****star rating!"
"This dessert is a double winner in our family! Not only is the creamy peanut butter filling light and fluffy but the crust with chopped peanut included was spectacular. It is a real crowd pleaser- easy to cut and serve. Have also made it using only 8oz of whipped topping. Still great!!"
"This is fabulous! Best dessert recipe I have ever found. I have made this too many times to count. My son calls it my signature dessert. I love the fact that you can make it ahead and freeze. I love doing this for a large gathering and everyone loves it. Thanks for sharing."
"This is so....good!I make it for church functions, it always goes fast."
"This is one of my favorites, this is so simple to make and the flavor is just the greatest, perfect for hot summer days."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.