"Anyone who tries a piece of this sweet peanut butter-flavored dessert asks for the recipe...and a second helping," writes Judy Hofer of Grand Prairie, Alberta. "We make enough to serve the 76 people who live on our grain farm, so it has to be good."
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- In a large bowl, combine cracker crumbs and peanuts. Stir in butter and peanut butter. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spoon over crust. Drizzle with chocolate syrup; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Peanut Dessert in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p45
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Peanut Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review