Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- 2. Cube remaining butter and place in a large heavy saucepan. Add the sugar, milk and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil for 5 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 230°, stirring constantly.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in chips until melted. Stir in the marshmallow creme, peanut butter and vanilla until blended. Pour into prepared pan; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 4. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 81 pieces.
1 piece: 58 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge
"Love this! It's a hit every time I take it somewhere."
"I made this for a family get togther and everyone loved it. They were nibbling on fudge before the main course. I love peanut butter anything and this just was easy and set up nicely. It was soft but not too soft and was not sugary or crumbly."